Meet this Single Mom

It was the best of times. It was the worst of times. Raising kids as a single mom is fill in the blank. My life, as a single mom of three thriving young kids, is anything but ordinary. All that I strive for each day, though, is to achieve the ordinary. I left my marriage two and a half years ago with two children and one on the way, and although we have all grown so much since that point, we still have a long way to go. I'm optimistic and hopeful that we are on an upward trend. Only time will tell as we set goals and face new challenges each day.

The reason I'm setting this space aside for ramblings is because our journey is unique, but we are not alone. I've met countless other single moms setting out each day to do the best we can for our children. There is something about connecting on the level of having a fractured family that can truly unite any people. Sometimes things just won't resonate with us, and for that we reserve a lengthy eye-roll. What I generally find when I meet another single mom, is a person who listens, understands, and has a story.

In my own experience as a single mom, I can tell you that nothing is set in stone. The very same situations that once terrified me or kept me from the public eye, have become second nature. I can't even imagine what it would be like to go back in time and have a conversation with pre-parent me. Any idea I had of how things should have gone went out the window when I became a whole parent on my own. It's different than I expected, too. While on one hand I might have anticipated singledom to be much harder, I actually find it easier to reach out to others for help- which is a beautiful thing both to experience and to let my children see in action.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From Split to Success: Fine Tuning your Life After Divorce

Where I Am Now

How do you get a rental when you have terrible credit?